His Excellency Walid Abukhaled
Walid Abukhaled was appointed Chief Executive for Middle East in January 2016. Prior to that position he was the Chief Executive for Saudi Arabia, a position he held since January 2014.
In this role, Walid is responsible for leading the development of Northrop Grumman within the Middle East and Arab Countries, supporting the company’s current programs, developing strategies for growth, and identifying new business opportunities for the company.
Before joining Northrop Grumman, Walid was the Deputy Minister for Industrial Affairs at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in Riyadh. Primarily responsible for developing new policies and strategies for promotion, expansion and sustainable development of Industrial sector of the country. In addition, he was responsible for creating increased industrial activities in the country and supporting the diversification effort of the Kingdom. Before that he was the President and Chief executive officer of General Electric (GE), in Saudi Arabia & Bahrain, during which time he led the company’s operations and strategy for growth. Prior to joining GE, he worked for BAE Systems in Saudi Arabia in a career that spanned more than 20 years and was most recently director of Portfolio Management & Chairman of BAE Systems Saudi Arabia Operations Board.
In that role Walid was appointed as:
• Chairman of the Board “Aircraft Accessories & Components Company”
• Board Director “Advance Electronics Company”
• Board Director “International Systems Engineering”
• Board Director “Saudi Development & Training Company”, all of which carry the status of being Economic Offset Companies. Walid was posted to the UK for two years to develop strategies for growth and inward investment opportunities.
In addition to his corporate responsibilities, Mr. Abukhaled has been actively involved in the business community, serving as a member of the US Business Council and the American Business Group in Riyadh. Walid is considered as one of the most respected new generation of Arab business leaders. He is well-known as a public speaker addressing the key issues effecting global companies operating in the Middle East. In 2011, he was selected as one of the top three “Revolutionary CEOs in the Middle East”. In 2015, Walid won the Arabian Business prestigious award of the “CEO of the Year 2015”
He held various Board & Committee memberships, some of which are:
Supervisory Committee of the National Plan for Science and Technology
• King Saud University Advisory Board Member of the “Accreditation Board for Engineering & Technology”
• Administrative Committee of the Saudi Energy Efficiency Center
• General Organization for Military Industries
• General Committee for Civil Defense Duties
• Board of Directors for Industrial Cities & Technology Zones (MODON)
• Board of Directors Saudi Credit and Savings Bank
• Chairman of the Board Gulf Organization for Industrial Consulting
• Member of the Saudi Arabian Economic Offset Committee
• National Committee of the Energy World Council